[argyllcms] Re: tiffgamut 1.0.3

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2008 10:35:29 +1000

Klaus Karcher wrote:
first of all: thanks a bomb for adding multi-TIFF and popularity filtering to tiffgamut. I love it by now while I didn't even test it!

I'm interested to know if the color popularity filter is useful
or not in creating image specific gamut mappings.

Just one question: can you explain the differences between an usage cases for "tiffgamut -ia -pj" in contrast to "tiffgamut -ir -pj"? I'm afraid that I didn't fully understand it.

It's a little subtle, but essentially I've made selecting the ICC table
the transform comes from independent of the other processing that
determines whether the colorspace is absolute, relative or CIECAM02.

The controls are mixed into the -i and -p options though.
It's probably best illustrated by utilities such as icclu and
xicclu where I've actually added (undocumented) extra options
to -i that round out the combination chart (P and S):

Output          Table           Option

Absolute        Colorimetric    -ia
Absolute        Perceptual      -iP
Absolute        Saturation      -iS