[argyllcms] Re: telling X11 about location of display profile.

  • From: Kai-Uwe Behrmann <ku.b@xxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 08:29:52 +0100 (CET)

Am 10.12.08, 21:18 -0600 schrieb Leonard Evens:
I think at this point I do understand that a profile has a calibration
section and also a profile, and I understand what they do.  But I am
still unclear about which commands to use to do it.

There are several ways to setup X11 for CM under Linux.

xicc and xcalib do very basic stuff. xicc can set the _ICC_PROFLE atom. xcalib is a graphic card LUT loader.

dispwin and oyranos-monitor maintain each a own non compatible database for user side configuration. They assist in setting up the monitor profile. The overlapping end is the _ICC_PROFILE specification:
http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Specifications/icc_profiles_in_x_spec
So basically they do the same, but things have to settle to let them more converge.

Finally, can anyone remind me about which other programs under Linux can
make use of the profile in this way, and how you manage to tell them to
do it?

http://www.behrmann.name/index.php?option=com_weblinks&catid=69&Itemid=95
http://www.oyranos.org/wiki/index.php?title=Applications
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux_color_management