From: vittoriovillani@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [argyllcms] targen for RGB printer
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2010 11:41:23 +0100

Hi all.
I would like to have some information about how to obtain the best from targen
when you have to profile an RGB printer (-d2).
I tried some parameters but, in the final profile, I noticed no big differences
using the same number of patches.

I'd like to have a total of 1500/1700 patches.
I would like to know:
1) Are you using the -G (Incremental Far Point Distribution from fast to good)
parameter? Did you notice any differences between with or without -G? In my
(small) experience -G is not giving me better results. Do you suggest to use it
anyway?

2) How many white patch are you using? I tried to set -e at more than the
default value (for example 8 instead of 4) but also in this case I could not
notice differences in the final profile.
3) I was trying the -g parameter to set some (64) patches with same RGB values.
Is this helpfull to improve the BW neutrality or not? Do you use this paramter
when you are genereting a target that will be used to make a RGB printer
profile?
Thanks.
Vittorio