[argyllcms] targen and profile

  • From: Lorenzo Ridolfi <lorenzo@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 00:29:03 -0200

Hi,

I'm building a profile for an Epson Pro 3800 and Ultrasmooth paper. I already made one with PM 5.0 and I'd like to use this profile as an input to targen adaptive algorithm. The normal advice is use -A 0.5. But if I'm using a good profile as input, a higher value is recommended ? Another question I have is how many patches should I use? I'm thinking about 1500. Any experience in this particular scenario ?

Is there any other recommendation I should follow in building this profile ?

Best regards,
Lorenzo