[argyllcms] Re: stupid question

  • From: Sam Berry <samkberry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 16:37:27 +0100

On 21 October 2010 23:59, Konstantin Svist <fry.kun@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  Hi everyone,
>
> Sorry in advance for stupid question(s), I'm pretty much a newbie at CMS.
>
> I'm running Fedora 14 (XFCE spin) on my laptop with some el-cheapo external
> monitor. The external monitor has a bluish tint (and laptop screen is
> reddish in comparison)
> The first thing I'm trying to do is to make my two monitors display the
> same tint. What's the best way to do that?
>
> I already tried running dispcal -v -o DispN for both, but the whites stay
> the same (external screen still has bluish tint). So I'm guessing I have to
> adjust the whites to match one another, first?

I would suggest adding '-t 6500' to set both to a D65 white point.
Substitute whatever white point you prefer, or measure one screen's native
and use the -w tag with the other.

> 2nd question is about the device, EFI ES-1000.. The Argyll page says it
> supports high res mode with -H but I don't see any notice about it in the
> output during calibration/etc. How do I know if it's working?

It just does :) And I have the same device and it makes virtually no
difference to the result for any light source I've found so far, including a
laser. You can use spotread to output the spectrum file from both modes if
you're curious.

Hope this helps,
Sam Berry
www.satsumatree.co.uk