[argyllcms] stupid question

  • From: Konstantin Svist <fry.kun@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 15:59:28 -0700

 Hi everyone,

Sorry in advance for stupid question(s), I'm pretty much a newbie at CMS.

I'm running Fedora 14 (XFCE spin) on my laptop with some el-cheapo external monitor. The external monitor has a bluish tint (and laptop screen is reddish in comparison) The first thing I'm trying to do is to make my two monitors display the same tint. What's the best way to do that?

I already tried running dispcal -v -o DispN for both, but the whites stay the same (external screen still has bluish tint). So I'm guessing I have to adjust the whites to match one another, first?

2nd question is about the device, EFI ES-1000.. The Argyll page says it supports high res mode with -H but I don't see any notice about it in the output during calibration/etc. How do I know if it's working?

3rd question is about the CMS-aware programs (Gimp, Cinepaint, Firefox, etc..). If I already set the monitor profile for the system, do I need to alter those programs' settings? Do they need to be set to sRGB or to same monitor profile (hopefully images colors won't be changed twice after that)?

Thanks!