[argyllcms] Re: problems hitting white point (color temperature, RGB gain/contrast) while maintaining brightness: dE not stable

David Heinrich wrote:
> So even with the CRT in Standard Mode, doing fine-adjustments I still
> can't get too great. The problem is still similar to what I quoted in
> the original e-mail: when adjusting R, G, and B channel gains
> individually, the dE's bounce around as does the recommendation of
> which values to change. Is there a way to change how long the Spyder2
> takes readings before updating? It would seem that if there was a way
> to get the program to average the results of 5-10 updates or 5-10
> seconds (I'm not sure how this works: is argyll getting a reading from
> spyder2 every several seconds, or is it averaging the readings of
> spyder2 over several seconds?), it would smooth out this stuff and
> allow for me to get a better idea as to what to do on my display.

I'm wondering whether this might be an interference between integration
time and vertical refresh rate? Graeme, does the Spyder driver actually
sync with the vertical refresh rate? Or does it just rely on a
(hopefully) long enough integration time?

Regards,
Gerhard