[argyllcms] Re: measurement tag(s) signature

Klaus Karcher wrote:
There's actually only one data set in the profile, but two tag table entries that point to the same data. Maybe Graeme used the more "informal" CIED/DevD tags as the most recent specs became a little bit picky about the requirements for the content of the 'targ' tag:

"The first seven characters of the text shall identify the nature of the characterization data."

(Argylls identifier has only 4 characters. ProfileMaker data has no identifier but typically starts with "LGOROWLENGTH" followed by the number of columns per row of the testchart.)

The way I read the ICC spec. was that it is simply reflecting the CGATS
specification, which has a 7 character identifier as the first word ("IT8.7/1"
etc.)

Since the Argyll formats are not from the standard sets, I chose
a different set of identifiers. I didn't notice the "7 character"
part of the CGATS standard though.

Graeme: I guess your CGATS Parser will not stumble upon additional whitespace, so maybe the most pragmatic solution would be to add 3 spaces to the first line and then use the 'targ' tag?

Yes, I'll do this, since it's very easy.