[argyllcms] Re: libXss.so.1 not found

  • From: Hans Vanpee <hans@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 12:40:57 +0100

Hello Leonard,

Thanks for your reply. I tried to install the -devel package for libXss.so.1 but I found it was already present on my system. Is there a list of all -devel packages needed for Argyll?

With kind regards,

Hans

Leonard Evens wrote:
Typically that happens because some development package has not been
installed.  I don't have much experience with Ubuntu, but I regularly
have the same problem under Fedora.  Under Fedora, I check which package
has the libary that's called for and then see if there is a -devel
version of that package.  So far there has always been one, and
installing it resolves the problem.  I think it even happened when I
compiled the argyll suite of programs.  I think Ubuntu will work in much
the same way.

If you want to compile programs from source, you have to have many such
-devel packages installed on your system.