[argyllcms] Re: inter-instrument matching tables

  • From: Gerhard Fuernkranz <nospam456@xxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 00:23:35 +0100

Graeme,

do you happen to know, whether the i1 Pro uses adaptive integration time also
in reflective mode?

[ Plotting the singular values of the DPT70 readings clearly shows a knee and a
pretty flat noise floor beyond the 17th singular value, but such a clear knee
between signal and noise is not visible in the singular values of the i1
readings. Still cross validation suggests that the i1 readings seem to be
noisier than the DTP70 readings (by a factor of roughly four). So I'm a bit
puzzled - that's why I'm asking. ]

Best Regards,
Gerhard

Am 22.11.2011 00:57, schrieb Gerhard Fuernkranz:
Am 20.11.2011 01:42, schrieb Roberto Michelena:
Attached a file with a variety of measurements from a P2P25x target
(idealliance) ...

Thanks, Roberto.
I'll take a look at your data - a detailed investigation make take a while,
though...

After a first brief inspection it seems that

    * the data from the same instrument, but for different calibration standard
can be mapped to each other with virtually no errors.

    * DTP70 readings can be estimated from DTP70_UV readings (or vice versa)
with an estimated error of about 0.1 dE RMS

    * I1 readings can be estimated from DTP70 or TDP70_UV readings (or vice
versa) with an estimated error of about 0.3 dE RMS

Best Regards,
Gerhard