[argyllcms] Re: icclink -G and source gamuts /-profiles

  • From: "Alastair M. Robinson" <profiling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 May 2008 00:41:18 +0100

Hi,

Klaus Karcher wrote:

some good news: with cctiff -p, at least the ordinary transformations are ok -- but the deviceLink transformations are still different.

Ah, cool - I've tried that, with the "synthetic" profiles I created earlier, and the discrepancies in transforming from a 1.0-gamma profile to a real profile pretty much vanish if the -p option is passed to cctiff.

I also compared with the lcms tifficc output - lcms seems to be affected by this issue too, but not as severely.

What's interesting is that with a pathologically high gamma (out of curiosity I tested with 4.0 as well as 1.0) there are discrepancies, but they're far more subtle than with the 1.0 gamma profile.

As for building the device link - do your results improve if you use the -n flag to icclink? It reduces the error here, but certainly doesn't eliminate it.

Oh, BTW, Graeme, the documentation for icclink's -n option seems to be missing.

All the best,
--
Alastair M. Robinson