[argyllcms] Re: icclink -G and source gamuts /-profiles

  • From: Klaus Karcher <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 10 May 2008 21:36:12 +0200

Klaus Karcher wrote:
I made a matrix profile based on ProPhoto RGB with the same primaries and whitepoint, but gamma 1 instead of 1.8.

Alastair M. Robinson wrote:
OK - how did you create this profile?

In Photoshop. I selected ProPhotoRGB as RGB working space, switched to "Custom RGB" (Photoshop adopts the key data from PhroPhotoRGB), changed the Gamma to 1 and saved the setting as ICC profile.

In the meantime - do you get the same results if you "target" your images to an RGB working space profile rather than a printer profile?

Yes, it's the same (I tried AdobeRGB). Even the "Normal Proof" in imgtarget looks completely wrong when using the Gamma 1 source image. The same conversion in Photoshop is ok.

And you use lcms for the transformations, don't you?

I'm confused.

Klaus