[argyllcms] Re: hargyllcms available now.

Richard Hughes, 2009-12-13 21:36:37 +0000 :

> Hey guys,
>
> I wanted to keep you all in the loop. hargyllcms is now available as a
> git tree from http://github.com/hughsie/hargyllcms -- It's been
> created to make the lives of Linux distributors much easier, as Argyll
> is pretty tricky to configure and install in Linux.

  I'm slightly disappointed by this.  You completely ignore the work I
did in the last 8 months, you reimplement the biggest of the patches,
you add stuff that “most distros will have to apply” that serves no
purpose that I can see, and you don't even bother to separate
independent features/patches into their own branch so people downstream
of you can assemble them as they see fit.  As far as I can tell, all
this because you don't like bzr.  That doesn't strike me as either
particularly friendly, nor good practice towards cross-distribution
collaboration.

[...]

> If people could check it out and make sure it works, then in a few
> days I'll create a rc2 tarball and put it on my website. Thanks.

  Or people could just use what's been in Debian since April (and Ubuntu
since June).  That one's already seen some testing, including building
on a dozen architectures.

Roland.
--
Roland Mas

S'agirait pas d'atteindre la sublime transcendance du supramental sans
se bouger le fion un minimum... -- in Sri Raoul le petit yogi (Gaudelette)