[argyllcms] Re: gamut mapping

  • From: edmund ronald <edmundronald@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 12:08:10 +0200

I don't think one should go there too much. If one applies such an
algorithm to some of the images in a magazine then other images and
other advertisers will look bad in comparison. I've seen this type of
thing happen, where a single *good* image wrecks a prospectus. My
feeling is this is very useful for art/photo purposes.

BTW, I've been using Argyll profiles, measured with a Barbieri LFP for
RGB exclusively for a year now. As far as I'm concerned,  this
combination is good for production. I can make a Barbieri Argyll-based
push-button profiling system available if requested.

Edmund