[argyllcms] Re: gamut mapping

  • From: Klaus Karcher <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 11:27:00 +0200

Hi Kai-Uwe :-)

Kai-Uwe Behrmann wrote:
Am 24.07.09, 09:07 +0200 schrieb Klaus Karcher:
While Graeme seeks for flaws in the gamut mapping /algorithms/ (If I got his last post right), I spent quite some time in optimizing the gamut mapping /parameters/ (file gammap.c of the V1.1.0_Beta snapshot) ... and at least /I/ am quite satisfied with the result ;-) -- see my updated page <http://digitalproof.info/gamapicc/examples.html>

Thanks for the examples. I hope it is not your only one for comparisions

No, I also tested with

- all roman16 Reference Images (<http://www.roman16.com/en/>),

- some proposed ISO/CD 12640-4 test images ("Wide gamut display-referred standard colour image data", <http://ampac.mech.muroran-it.ac.jp/ISO12640-4/>)

- and several problematic "real world" images ("real wold" as in "real world of professional and amateur photography", not as in "faithful reproduction of the real world"!)

because the example in AdobeRGB has nearly all reds on the gamut surface.
This points to an technical artifact and not to a real world scenery.

Yes, an IMHO it's a quite representative example for images I'm confronted with in my day-to-day business.

Klaus