[argyllcms] Re: eye-one pro Rev A/Rev D IR calibration?

Klaus Karcher wrote:
- my failed attempt to interpret the raw data correctly (10 bands out
of 127, strip calibration removed):
<http://digitalproof.info/argyll/eye-one_IR_calibration/10_bands.pdf>

Graeme Gill wrote:
I'm not sure. All I can suggest is adding some printf's to output
the raw floating point values from within the driver.

I've been downloading the development snapshot an saw that there are many possible debugging options. I'll play with them and get back when I'm done. Unfortunately I have no access to the Rev A at the moment to compare the results.

Just one (maybe silly) idea: Might USB power issues have an influence on the IR problem? I'm asking because I noticed that my eye-one works only on the right USB port of my MacBook Pro (even though both ports are specified to provide 500 mA). When I plug it to the left port, it is accessible, but calibration fails with both the Argyll and Xrite driver. Argyll reports "Calibration failed with 'Measurement misread' (White reference reading error)", MesureTool returns "Error 20310".

I have no problem to use even notoriously power-hungry bus powered USB hard drives on either port. Maybe the eye-one maxes out the USB power supply and this might cause the problem?

Klaus