[argyllcms] Re: eye of gnome color management

  • From: "Lars Tore Gustavsen" <lars.tore@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 20:26:48 +0100

On Sat, Dec 27, 2008 at 7:09 AM, David H. Vree <david.h.vree@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Lars,
>
> I tried your method of running eog twice with two different profiles on two
> of the same color checker jpegs.
>
> I am running Ubuntu 8.10 and I have to say that when I loaded the "bad" icc
> profile and then opened test2.jpg, I could not tell a difference between the
> colors in each instance of eog.
>
> I should mention however, that the colors in all my windows, including the
> first eog changed *dramatically* when I loaded the bad profile.   Is it
> possible that eog reacts to changes in ICC profiles or was this just the
> effect of changing the LUTs.  I noticed eog was compiled against the lmcs
> library on Ubuntu.
>
> What do you make of this?  Is my eog color managed or not?  I am more
> confused than ever...
>
> Thanks,
> Dave

Sorry for the delay. I'm pretty sure this is user error, at least if
you have just one monitor.   I would guess that you issued the command
eog test1.jpg twice. Please try one more time, and it's most safe to
do a cut and paste.
//www.freelists.org/post/argyllcms/eye-of-Gnome-CM-support,2
just start the entire process with
 xprop  -root -remove _ICC_PROFILE
just in case the profile is already loaded.

Eog in ubuntu has been color manged for a year or two already. If you
have imagemagick installed you can try  display test1.jpg if you would
like a reference. Even firefox test1.jpg should give you a image
without screwed up color. The last one will hopefully change in the
future.

Regards
Lars Tore Gustavsen