[argyllcms] Re: eye of gnome color management

  • From: "Lars Tore Gustavsen" <lars.tore@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: len@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2008 19:38:33 +0100

On Sat, Dec 20, 2008 at 6:46 PM, Leonard Evens
<len@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sat, 2008-12-20 at 11:02 -0600, Leonard Evens wrote:
>

>> PS  What is the simplest way to clear the Xatom _ICC_PROFILE?
>
> Never mind.  I figured it out
>
> xprop -root -remove _ICC_PROFILE

It is also deleted by logout.

Now you have to ensure that your profile are loaded  for each login.
The BRG profile is nice for that job to. It's not mine BTW.
I guess you already have a script that load your profile, but I repeat
just in case. Create a file with this content.
--------------------------
#!/bin/bash

## Just to check that script is executed
date > ~/Desktop/works.txt
gnome-screensaver-command –exit

##you may have to uncomment next line
#export ARGYLL_IGNORE_XRANDR1_2=yes

dispwin -I /fullpath/BRG.icc
gnome-screensaver

Place the file somewhere and give it execute permission.
chmod +x scriptname
Then go to system menu, then Prefrences, and sessions.
Add a new launcher and point it to the above script.

Then it's time to logout. When you are logged in again check the
desktop for a file called works.txt and if so open the test1.jpg image
from another e-mail with eog. If the color are screwed up everything
works. If not edit the script until you have success. After success
insert your own profile instead of the BRG.icc.

God luck