[argyllcms] Re: dispwin and two displays

  • From: Florian Höch <lists+argyllcms@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 15:59:56 +0100

Oh, I know that problem, I have almost the same situation here (sans the portrait mode). No solution unfortunately. I have three xorg.conf's, one for TwinView, one for Xinerama and one for separate X screens, all three edited by hand because the Nvidia control panel would always mess up somewhere. I switch between them manually as needed. Not sexy, but a workaround I try to arrange myself with. There's always hope for a proper Nvidia xrandr compatible driver (even if it's faint), of course.

Am 24.03.2010 00:36, schrieb Alexandre Prokoudine:
Hi,

A user came up to my forum with an interesting issue.

He has an Nvidia 8500 (running Nvidia's own Linux drivers) and two
displays, one of which he wants to use in portrait orientation (for
GIMP's docks).

In TwinView mode dispwin sees different LUTs, but loads profile on
both displays at once.

In Separate screen mode profiles are set correctly, but dragging
windows between displays is not possible.

In Separate screen mode with xinerama windows can be dragged around,
but compositing is off: kwin disables it, and compiz doesn't even
start.

What would you recommend?

Alexandre
--