[argyllcms] Re: dispwin -D use a lot of cpu

  • From: Lars Tore Gustavsen <lars.tore@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2010 13:04:35 +0100

On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 10:09 AM, Andrew Lutomirski <amluto@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> You could also file a bug with the wine developers -- IMO wine has no
> business changing the calibration under any circumstances (except when
> running a full-screen game, I suppose, although I don't really
> understand why games feel the need to change the calibration).

I started to fill out a bug, then I discovered what the error was.

Test1. don't work
$dispwin  monitor.icc
$dispwin -V monitor.icc
Verify: 'monitor.icc' IS loaded (discrepancy 0.0%)
$notepad
$dispwin -V monitor.icc
Verify: 'monitor.icc' is NOT loaded (discrepancy 5.4%)
$

Test2. works
$xcalib monitor.icc
$dispwin -V monitor.icc
Verify: 'monitor.icc' IS loaded (discrepancy 0.3%)
$notepad
$dispwin -V monitor.icc
Verify: 'monitor.icc' IS loaded (discrepancy 0.3%)
$

Test3 failed
$export ARGYLL_IGNORE_XRANDR1_2=yes
$dispwin monitor.icc
Dispwin: Error - We don't have access to the VideoLUT
$

I think we have discussed this issue before, and  if I remember
correctly the xorg driver or the xrandr implementation  for my ATI
Radeon 9200 are broken. This explains why I had put an instance of
xcalib before dispwin in an old  autostart script I used before I
installed gnome-color-manager.
In the end I don't posted any bug report to the wine developers. :-)