[argyllcms] dispwin -D use a lot of cpu

  • From: Lars Tore Gustavsen <lars.tore@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2010 09:31:00 +0100

Fighting with the vcgt curve on linux can be quite frustrating.  I
discovered recently that wine (I’m talking software:-) ) deletes my
vcgt curve and don’t restore it either.

I have tried dispwin –D to fight all this issues, and it works very
well, but  the cost is too high on my system. I should of course
mention that my computer is 6 years old. I have attached a screenshot
showing cpu costs. In the screenshot dispwin –D is killed in the
middle and started again.

If there was a way to set the iteration time, I could run it much more
economically. I could live with one time each 30 seconds or even more
infrequently.

Regards
Lars Tore Gustavsen