[argyllcms] Re: dispcal/dispread/dispwin test window stops updating at some point

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 14:49:40 +1100

Florian Höch wrote:
Thanks for having looked into it. Later this week, I will try to
reproduce the issue on another Win7 64 system and figure out what's the
difference to my system. Maybe that will yield the missing puzzle piece.

Hi, I've managed to reproduce the problem. To do so, I have to have both
KatMouse running, and also have the Task Manager running. Interestingly,
task manager show a status of "Not responding" for dispwin when
WM_PAINT messages stop appearing, so it appears that something
is wedging the application message queue. Other observations
are that messages come through for a while if the KatMouse property
dialog is opened, and that adding dispwin.exe as an application
and setting it to "Don't handle window at all" fails to prevent the problem.

I'll investigate further, to see if I can figure out what's actually going
on....