[argyllcms] Re: dispcal/dispread/dispwin test window stops updating at some point

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 13:33:51 +1100

Florian Höch wrote:

I think I have the same problem James reported with the test window
stopping to update (also on a Win7 x64 system, the only one that
exhibits this behavior). Interestingly enough, I can always 'fix' it by
running dispcal/dispread/dispwin from an elevated (Admin) command
prompt. I tried the new versions, and the test window still gets 'stuck'
at some point when the program is not run with elevated privileges. I
attach the dispwin -D5 output below (in this run, after setting the test
window to black, it does not change color afterwards. In other runs it
sometimes proceeded until red. The darkening/lightening/restoring of the
whole screen always worked, though).

Hi, thanks for the trace.

I'm still not able to reproduce this. There seem to be some extra messages
before the window stops updating in your trace, starting with
WM_WINDOWPOSCHANGING (0x0046) message, which is unexpected - the window
shouldn't
be movable. Does it have a border/title bar when this problem occurs ?
Sometime afterwards, WM_PAINT messages are no longer received, and
(naturally), the window color doesn't change.

What graphics card are you using ?

Is there anything you can remember customizing in the look or
behaviour of the desktop ?
Any other programs or utilities loaded ?