[argyllcms] Re: dispcal under linux disables power saving for the display

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 01 Nov 2008 02:16:50 +1100

Adrian Mariano wrote:
This point which I mentioned in passing seems to have gotten lost among the more interesting issues of color management, so I'll repeat it under a separate heading. I ran dispcal (from argyll 1.0.3) to calibrate my display, and subsequently my display won't turn off after inactivity. (It's good that it doesn't turn off during calibration, but I'd like it to restore the normal behavior once its done.) I haven't found a way to restore the normal behavior.

I'm not sure why that would be when run normally, since it
does attempt to restore the DPMS state on exit. I do
notice a problem though, if you kill it prematurely, which
is caused by the connection to the X server being severed
before the DPMS restore is flushed through. I will
fix this by making sure the an XSync happens before
the signal handler exits.

You can probably re-enable it by tweaking your system
power management settings.