[argyllcms] dispcal - blackpoint still corrected despite -k 0.0

  • From: Anders Torger <torger@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 10:53:01 +0200

Since spectrometers don't measure dark colors well and the eye is less
sensitive to differences there I have the idea to not correcting the
black point, but instead reduce correction gradually down to zero close
to the black point. Dispcal seems to support this with a -k 0.0 (which
is default for -yl).

With that I expected that for RGB 0,0,0 the calibration curves would
also be at 0,0,0, but looking at the calibration curves in the .cal file
I see:

I      R        G        B
0.0000 0.023793 0.020968 0.020392

That is non-zero for the black point, and also slightly different values
for RGB, so desipte that -k is 0.0 there seems to be black point
correction. Is this the expected behaviour, or am I doing something
wrong?

It seems like the -A parameter can control when calibration is reduced,
but I expected that with -k 0.0 the curves will always end at 0,0,0.
Could it be that the gamma setting affects the process?

/Anders