[argyllcms] Re: differen ColorMunkis

  • From: Florian Höch <lists+argyllcms@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2011 18:38:52 +0200

Am 02.10.2011 18:16, schrieb Lars-Daniel.Weber@xxxxxx:
-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Sun, 02 Oct 2011 17:58:20 +0200
Von: "Florian Höch"<lists+argyllcms@xxxxxxxxx>
An: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

- ColorMunki Photo, ColorMunki Design. Same hardware, different
    bundled software.

Isn't it more like "same software with different license"? I think, the devices
are acting like dongles?!

Not sure. Let's call it 'different functionality' (with the bundled software) then. With Argyll, there are no differences of course.

They are all supported by Argyll CMS afaik (ColorMunki Display since the
current version, 1.3.4).

Thanks for the information.

I don't care about speed... Do you think, the quality of these devices is okax
for proofing?

I don't have one myself - yet - but, you can read all sorts of rather favorable stuff about them. They are definitely better as the predecessor (i1 Display 2) and even the DTP94 (although the latter may still have an edge when used with CRT displays afaik). If you're looking for a new colorimeter, I think there is currently no competition at that price point (this is only my personal opinion of course).

--
Florian Höch