[argyllcms] Re: compiling V1.3.3beta on win7

  • From: "tmwu" <ntut019@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 20:19:19 +0800

Hello Graeme:

Let me emphasize that I have sucessfully compile V1.3.2,
and it runs smoothly.

Now for V1.3.3_beta, the event log is the following:

**********
Compiler is MingW for 32 bit target
Argyll Jamrules has been read
Using built in TIFF library
sed seems to be available
timerfd headers NOT available
...patience...
...found 1221 target(s)...
...updating 387 target(s)...
CreateCatFile_ libusb1\config.h
.
.
.

Link_ tiff\tools\tiffsplit.exe
...updated 387 target(s)...
************

There are some lines of warnings showing the shell box.
(You point out that these are TIFF lib warnings.)

The I run

$jam install

The log is the following:

************
Compiler is MingW
Argyll Jamrules has been read
Using built in TIFF library
warning: unknown rule NIncludes
warning: unknown rule NIncludes
sed seems to be available
warning: unknown rule FileNoClean
warning: unknown rule FileNoClean
warning: unknown rule FileNoClean
warning: unknown rule FileNoClean
warning: unknown rule FileNoClean
warning: unknown rule CatToFile
warning: unknown rule CatToFile
warning: unknown rule CatToFile
warning: unknown rule CatToFile
warning: unknown rule CatToFile
warning: unknown rule CatToFile
warning: unknown rule CatToFile
warning: unknown rule CatToFile
warning: unknown rule CatToFile
timerfd headers NOT available
warning: unknown rule CatToFile
warning: unknown rule CatToFile
...patience...
...found 1050 target(s)...
...updating 52 target(s)...
MkDir1 bin
Install bin\iccdump.exe
.
.
.
Install bin\libusb-1.0A.dll
...updated 52 target(s)...
**************

When I execute colprof.exe in the dox box, it does nothing.

tmwu

-----原始郵件----- From: Graeme Gill
Sent: Monday, April 18, 2011 11:56 AM
To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [argyllcms] Re: compiling V1.3.3beta on win7

tmwu wrote:
I can confirm Don's claim that you have to compile ftjam first, and then
ajam.

I don't see why. ftjam is jam. Why compile another copy ?
As long as you give it a -f argument for Argyll's Jambase,
it should work fine. At some stage I'll update ajam source
to overcome the CRLF issues.

first of all, it seems that there should be a config.h in

Argyll_V1.3.3_beta\libusb1

so I made a copy from Argyll_V1.3.2\libusb1.

config.h is generated by the Jamfile in the libusb1 directory.
My guess is that the correct Jambase isn't being used ?

Try running jam with an explicit -f argument, and make sure
you clean up first, if you've used the same directories
for a differente build:

jam -q -f Jambase clean
jam -q -f Jambase

or even go into the libusb1 directory and do a

jam -n -f ../Jambase

to see what actions it would take, and check that it
would issue lots of "CatToFile_ config.h" actions.

With that file in place, the following messages show up in the shell box:

cgats\cgats.c: In function 'add_data_item':
cgats\cgats.c:1229:18: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type
cgats\cgats.c:1236:29: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type
tiff\libtiff\tif_msdos.c:125:14: warning: conflicting types for built-in
function 'malloc'
tiff\libtiff\tif_msdos.c:126:14: warning: conflicting types for built-in
function 'realloc'
tiff\libtiff\tif_msdos.c: In function '_TIFFfree':
tiff\libtiff\tif_msdos.c:140:2: warning: incompatible implicit
declaration of built-in function 'free'
cgats\cgats.c: In function 'add_data_item':
cgats\cgats.c:1229:18: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type
cgats\cgats.c:1236:29: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type

These are not of great significance. (I have no control over the TIFF lib
warnings.)

timerfd headers NOT available

The last line of outlog is:

...updated 387 target(s)...

Sounds OK.

Unfortunately, colprof.exe can not run. For example,
if I type "colprof" in the DOS box, nothing happens.

Are you in the Argyll profile directory ie. does
"dir *.exe" show colorof .exe ?
What does ".\colprof.exe" do ?

Is there anything in the event logs ?