[argyllcms] Re: cmyk printer profiles

  • From: Nikolay Pokhilchenko <nikolay_po@xxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 09:37:01 +0300

Vladimir Gajic wrote:

> Hi Graeme,
>
> after converting an RGB-image (roman16) from eciRGB_v2 or AdobeRGB to my
> fogra39 profile,  magenta and cyan primaries appear far to dirty. Here are
> some values:
>
> eciRGB (Photoshop)
> Cyan: 61/138/194 -> 83/10/5/32
> Magenta: 174/59/134 -> 0/85/9/29
>
> That s at least 10-15% too much black in both colours. Since the transition
> is very smooth, I really don t have any problem correcting them. Anyway, my
> profile params are:
> -l330 -L95 -kp 0.00 0.18 0.98 0.95 0.55 -al -s AdobeRGB -np -tp -dpp

Hello, Vladimir, I suppose this is because the black generation in Argyll
colprof/collink/xicclu is "wide", the black penetrates into the saturated area
until it conforms the black curve settings.
Take a look into
//www.freelists.org/post/argyllcms/colprof-and-proofing-purposes

Anorher thing: Yo've done the mapping from AdobeRGB, but do the conversion from
eciRGB. IMHO it will be more correct to do the mapping from eci.RGB (-s eciRGB)
in this case.