[argyllcms] ccmxmake: some questions.

  • From: Vittorio Villani <vittoriovillani@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ArgyllCMS List <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 May 2011 19:44:43 +0200

I have an
i1Pro and a NEC MDSV (eye-one display 2) and a SpectraView Reference 271
monitor.

I am using ccmxmake to make a correction matrix. You can find attached to this
email the ccmx file I made for the monitor. I used:

ccmxmake -y
l  -H -V -v -I
NEC-SpectraViewReference271 prova.ccmx

I have some
questions:

1)      Can you tell me if I can get a more
accurate result using –f parameter? On the usage details of ccmxmake I read
that it is possible to use targen and dispread to use generated spectral
readings. Does this give a better result than using the default test patches?
Can you give more information about the number and type of test patches used by
default?

2)      I am using high resolution spectral
mode and adaptive emission, do you think that this is a good solution? I read
that the adaptive emission could give more inconsistent results.

3)      I can’t understand the –s parameter
reading the description. Can you please try to explain again. Do you suggest to
use this parameter considering what I am doing?
4)    I got this result:

XYZ_X XYZ_Y XYZ_Z

0.98177 -6.8614e-003 0.021942
-4.6504e-003 0.98371 1.4480e-003
-0.014964 0.028424 1.0431

Can I interpret this like “your custom NEC colorimeter is not working good on
your NEC monitor” because of the XYZ values?

Thanks.
Vittorio Villani