[argyllcms] Re: argyll v0.60.2 usb assignments

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2006 16:34:18 +1100

Caspar Maessen wrote:
So, no NAME="%k" argument, because that is creating a new device under /dev/ and none under /bus/usb/ and basically that is causing the problem. The MODE="%k" argument doesn't work on the system-created device. Looking for a solution I found the OWNER-argument, and that solved it.

Thanks, that sounds pretty promising. I found it difficult to locate
a set of documentation of udev that was consistent. There seems to
be lots of variation, perhaps because it's a subsystem that has
changed rapidly. OSX wins for ease of using USB devices though :-)