[argyllcms] Re: argyll colormanagement tools for endusers

Ewald Reisenberger wrote:
> By the way, are there cheap hardware solutions to profile tft-displays under
> linux?
> I think about something like the spyder from colorvison for windows,.

The impression that I get is that such solutions are very like the i1, in
the way they are packaged and sold. They use very proprietary instruments
(or versions of instruments customized for a particular vendor), and
the software is bundled in, leaving the instrument vendor no incentive
to open the interface for software competitors.