[argyllcms] Re: argyll 1.0.1 on debian sid

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 18:01:37 +1000

Mickael Profeta wrote:

Yes just done:

#0  0x0000000000404315 in get_displays () at spectro/dispwin.c:630

Thanks, look like it's a typo in the code that checks for cloned outputs.

But I found a workaround, reading your documentation, if I set ARGYLL_IGNORE_XRANDR1_2=yes it works.

Yes, since it simply skips the buggy code.

I know I should have read the doc carefully before, but do you think
the programm can send a more understandable message before crash??

No, by definition a crash is an unexpected fault, so since it
is unexpected, there is no opportunity to print out a message before
crashing. Messages are only possible for errors that are anticipated.

I've updated the V1.0.1 patch set at
to include the (hopeful) fix, so you could apply this patch and (after removing
the environment variable) see if it solves the problem.