[argyllcms] Re: argyll 1.0.1 on debian sid

Mickael Profeta wrote:

Yes just done:

#0  0x0000000000404315 in get_displays () at spectro/dispwin.c:630

Thanks, look like it's a typo in the code that checks for cloned outputs.

But I found a workaround, reading your documentation, if I set ARGYLL_IGNORE_XRANDR1_2=yes it works.

Yes, since it simply skips the buggy code.

I know I should have read the doc carefully before, but do you think
the programm can send a more understandable message before crash??

No, by definition a crash is an unexpected fault, so since it
is unexpected, there is no opportunity to print out a message before
crashing. Messages are only possible for errors that are anticipated.

I've updated the V1.0.1 patch set at
<http://www.argyllcms.com/V1.0.1_patches.txt>
to include the (hopeful) fix, so you could apply this patch and (after removing
the environment variable) see if it solves the problem.