[argyllcms] Re: X error under AMD64 arch

Mickael Profeta wrote:

I thought this night that in fact my change does not work in 32bits,
maybe this solution is better. Is there a problem fixing the format to 8
bits.

XChangeProperty needs format to be set to the size of the elements transferred in data, and this can b 8, 16 or 32. rootwindow is type XID, which should be unsigned long in the X11/X.h (although I haven't checked.)

XChangeProperty doesn't allow for a 64 bit long, and for
best compatibility I thought most 64 bit compiler are now
set so that long is 32 bit, and only long long is 64 bit.
It seems that your compiler isn't configured in this way,
and that makes it incompatible with X11 XChangeProperty ?

I'd recommend that you make sure that your compiler is set
so that int and long are 32 bit, and long long is 64 bit,
when compiling Argyll.