[argyllcms] Re: Wanted: Spyder 3 and ColorMunki Beta Testers

Klaus Karcher wrote:

I guess/hope this is only a temporary workaround and someone will soon dig out the right (launchctl?) commands to start/stop the daemon ;-)

Using "launchctl stop com.xrite.ninja.colormunki" only stops it for
a short time as well, before it is re-spawned.

Maybe there is already a Preference Pane to start/stop the daemon with System Preferences? (I guess this would be the preferred way from the viewpoint of Apple's Human Interface Guidelines)

I'm thinking that killing the process before opening the device is
in fact the cleanest way to do it, since it lets Argyll and
the ColorMunki software coexist. Having to disable and enable
the ColorMunki software manually would be rather inconvenient,
even if there is a way to do it (and I haven't found one, short
of editing plists and restarting the system).