[argyllcms] Re: Using a generated profile on Mac OS X

  • From: Ben Goren <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2006 19:26:48 -0700
On 2006 Jun 30, at 9:34 PM, Graeme Gill wrote:

> Morgan Redman wrote:
>
>> Class: Output
>
> This will cause a problem if you want OSX to use the profile for
> your display. This  is set by the  type of device chosen  in the
> .ti3  file. Normally this  would be  created by  dispread for  a
> display, and it  would be set appropriately. Where  did the .ti3
> come from ?

I'm  guessing he  /might/  have gotten  it  from Gretag  Macbeth's
MeasureTool. At least, some time ago, I spent an hour or so trying
to create a profile with the Eye-One Pro, MeasureTool, and Argyll,
and I seem to remember having somewhat similar problems.

The  display  profiles  that  Eye-One  Match  creates  are  ``good
enough,'' even though I have a strong suspicion that Argyll'd do a
lot better (if  for no reason than  the ability to use  a lot more
patches). As much as I'd love  to create a multiple-thousand patch
chart for  my PowerBook display and  let the thing run  all night,
I've had more important things to worry about.

(My CRT  is /very/  close to  sRGB even  without a  profile, after
pressing all  the buttons  on the bezel  as instructed  by Eye-One
Match, which is why this hasn't been very important.)

If this  is something you'd  be interested in working  on, though,
I'd be  glad to help. Would  you like me  to, say, create  a small
chart, measure it, and send you the CGATS data from MeasureTool?

Cheers,

b&