[argyllcms] Re: UV compensation using Eye-One

  • From: Lorenzo Ridolfi <lorenzo@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 07:34:46 -0300

It's a CMYK printer driven by a CMYK RIP. But I like to check the FWA compensation and understand better the spectrophotometer illuminant dependence. The issues I have in this particular profile is a small hue shift in saturated reds and some yellow tones (blond hair, for instance) are very light... This issues, in my opinion, are not related to FWA ...

Graeme Gill wrote:
Lorenzo Ridolfi wrote:
I'm measuring and profiling a CMYK printer with my eye-one (rev. b no UV cut) and when I made a profile, I get the following result: FWA content = 0.332844. I'm still using version 0.60. This compensation assumes the Eye-One internal light (something near illuminant A) in the calculation or this only occurs in the newer version .070 ? According com GG's paper about FWA compensation, the spectrophotometer internal light is an important variable, AFAIK...

Is this an RGB device ? There are known issues with V0.60 profile and
FWA compensation when working with RGB. A possible workaround is
to use spec2cie to convert from spectral to tristimulus, or try the
V0.70Beta2 profile.