[argyllcms] Re: UV compensation using Eye-One

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 17:12:39 +1000

Lorenzo Ridolfi wrote:
I'm measuring and profiling a CMYK printer with my eye-one (rev. b no UV cut) and when I made a profile, I get the following result: FWA content = 0.332844. I'm still using version 0.60. This compensation assumes the Eye-One internal light (something near illuminant A) in the calculation or this only occurs in the newer version .070 ? According com GG's paper about FWA compensation, the spectrophotometer internal light is an important variable, AFAIK...

Is this an RGB device ? There are known issues with V0.60 profile and
FWA compensation when working with RGB. A possible workaround is
to use spec2cie to convert from spectral to tristimulus, or try the
V0.70Beta2 profile.