[argyllcms] Re: Tutorial

On 2007 Aug 10, at 2:10 AM, Patrice Vetsel wrote:

> I'm  searching for  a tutorial  explaining  how to  do a  screen
> calibration under linux, to obtain an icc file like i have under
> windows and propietary tool provided with my calibration tool.

Patrice,

The best such document is here:

    http://argyllcms.com/doc/Scenarios.html

The short  version is that you'll  have to do everything  from the
command line:

dispcal -v MyDisplay

(...and  then  follow  the  instructions  on  screen  to  set  the
brightness, etc., of your  display correctly. Also, you might have
to  specify your  instrument  with  the -i  flag  if Argyll  can't
automatically figure it out.)

targen -v -d 3 -f 500 MyDisplay

(This creates the set of colors  to measure. Use more than 500 for
a better  profile, less than  500 if  you're in a  hurry. The next
step needs  about two seconds  per color; 500 patches  takes about
fifteen minutes to read.)

dispread -v -k MyDisplay.cal MyDisplay

(Again, follow the instructions on screen. Argyll will display all
the colors created in the previous step and measure them.)

profile -v -D "My Display" -a s MyDisplay

When that  last step is  done, you'll have  your ``MyDisplay.icc''
file.

Cheers,

b&