[argyllcms] Re: Support of v4 device link profile in cctiff

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 13:06:54 +1100

Roger Breton wrote:
I encoutered a situation where support of v4 device link profiles are not
supported by cctiff. Are these v4 DLPs very different from v2 DLPs? I was
tempted to modify the header to force cctiff to honor a v4 DLP but I shied
away from it.

Gerhard Fuernkranz wrote:
The most relevant difference is probably that V4 offers new LUT types,
which a V4 profile may use, but which are not understood by a V2 CMM.

There's little or no advantage in v4 device link profiles technically,
so the most compatible thing to do is to generate v2 profiles.