[argyllcms] Re: Strip read failed due to communication problem (i1pro W7x64)

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 21:03:12 +1000

M. Kupiec wrote:
> Yesterday i have  totally uninstalling the factory usb divers and other
> stuff and install standard windows drivers. That  didn't help to .
> Changing usb port to built in usb 3.0 device caused that the device install
> drivers, but argyll cant find the i1pro.
>
> The last issue it the 1,5m i1pro cable that is not orginal but work fine
> with i1 and other pc.
> What else can i try to get chartread work?..

Hi,
        it sounds like a difficult problem, since there is little to go on.
There are two approaches to getting some more clues - either get a more
detailed trace, or try changing parameters to see if anything has any
influence on the problem. The former requires a hardware
USB trace. The latter means varying certain things. For instance,
I suggested making up a chart with very short strips, to see if that
behaves any differently. You haven't said if you've tried this
or what the result is.

Another thing to try is to increase the timeout value and see if
that has any effect. To do this you would change line 7275
of spectro/i1pro_imp.c from
        extra = 1.0;        /* Extra timeout margin */
        extra = 10.0;        /* Extra timeout margin */
recompile, and see if this makes any difference.