[argyllcms] Re: Strange xicclu behaviour?

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 23:32:17 +1100

Fabrizio Levati wrote:

Just out of curiosity, do you think that looking at the entire L* range
could result in choosing wrong black generation setting?

It shouldn't change what's possible in setting the black. There's
little point looking outside white to black, since anything else
is out of gamut, and you are just looking at the clipping behaviour.

Would you mind telling me if and where I can find the old xicclu binary?
I would like to compare the two versions while trying to find the best way
to achieve the black generation I'm looking for.

V1.1.0 and V1.0.4 are still on the web site. Just make the
obvious substitution of version number into the .zip or .tgz file.

cheers,