[argyllcms] Re: Strange behavior in OS X with dispcal generated shaper profile and, no warning if ccss file doesn't exist

  • From: Symphony Photography <symphonyphoto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2011 03:15:03 -0500

On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 12:41 AM, Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Where are these numbers coming from ? They don't correspond
> to the white point tag. They look more like the black point tag.

Hi Graeme,

Those are coming directly from ColorThink Pro 3.0.2 although... I just
downloaded version 3.0.3 and here's what I'm getting now...

XYZ: 0.94784546, 1.0, 1.05685425
Lab: 100.00, -2.8593215, -17.2028398
LCH: 100.00, 17.4388479, 260.563016
Yxy: 1.000, 0.3154543, 0.332812
Luv: 100.00, 0.1983105, 0.4707505
6400°K

Here's the previous results:

> XYZ: 0.0094785, 0.01, 0.0105685
> Lab: 8.9914424, -0.6160221, -3.7062395
> LCH: 8.9914424, 3.7570859, 260.563016
> Yxy: 0.010, 0.3154543, 0.332812
> Luv: 8.9914424, 0.1983105, 0.4707505
> 6400°K

Comparing the two, it appears as if there may have been a bug in version
3.0.2 of Color Think Pro. The XYZ values were off by a factor of 100. For
whatever reason, that only happened with Argyll profiles however, it
appears as if that part of the mystery has been solved as it looks like it
was a CTP issue there.

Just for reference, here's the media blackpoint for that same profile (as
reported by Color Think Pro, version 3.0.3):

XYZ: 0.00180054, 0.00169373, 0.00239563
Lab: 1.529936, 0.6754525, -1.8840003
LCH: 1.529936, 2.0014228, 289.7237921
Yxy: 0.0016937, 0.3056995, 0.2875648