[argyllcms] Re: Spyder2 with Argyll V1.0.1 vs V0.70 (BETA 8)

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 12:34:56 +1000

Volker Sauer wrote:
This is exactly my experience. RPM is really crap when it comes to
upgrading. APT/DEB does the job a lot better.

You might be right - I'm not much of an "upgrade" type of person,
I much prefer to leave things if they work, rather than upsetting
the apple cart by upgrading all the time.

I'm running about 30 servers with Debian Stable.

I think the problem I had was that Debian simply wouldn't
run on any hardware I could buy, since it wasn't keeping
up with it. It seems as if you would have to buy a machine
12 months in advance of wanting to use it, if you want
to run Debian :-)