[argyllcms] Re: Spyder 3 pro

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 10:46:49 +1100

Kit Johnson wrote:
I have done this and attached the file.

Hmm. hwver = 0x40f

That's unfortunate. The other examples I've seen of
a Spyder 3 Pro and Elite have a hwver of 0x407, and
the Express has a hwver of 0x40f. So I drew the conclusion
that 0x40f means that there is no ambient sensor.

I don't current know of any other way of determining
whether an ambient sensor is present. (The instrument
will go through the motions and return zero values
if it is not present.)

So short of enabling ambient for all Spyder 3 models
and then having people complain that their Spyder 3 Express
is returning zero values, I'm not sure what to do!