[argyllcms] Re: Spotread throws error while calibrating SpectroscanT transmissive

  • From: Ken Conrad <ken@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 13:59:31 -0700

Graeme,

Thanks for the Win32 executable, but that file is chartread. Spotread makes more sense for my application, because I  am reading density patches for which I don't have spectra data for a .ti2 input file and the SpectroscanT hardware in transmissive mode is only capable of scanning one patch at a time, not a chart.

That said, using a cloned .ti2 file I did get this chartread to run, using

chartread.exe -t -p -D fake.ti2

and make several patch reads before it went south with this error -

Patch read failed due to unexpected error: 'Communication protocol breakdown' <No start character received by instrument>

then eventually,
icoms: Write-Read Write failed returning 0x2000

Seems like I need a version of Spotread with a longer transmissive calibration time out.

-Ken

Hi,
        I'd be interested in the
details of where MingW got stuck, but I've put
an executable here:
<
http://www.argyllcms.com/win32_chartread_exe.zip>