[argyllcms] Re: Spectrophotometer

  • From: "Philip Reed" <philipreed@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2012 14:50:21 -0500

I'm wondering if your reading ceramic tiles printed using targen and
printtarg or are you spot reading individual tiles?  Using Printtarg with
the -h switch and the Colormunki will double the number of patches that can
be printed on a sheet of paper by cutting the row width in half.  That's the
smallest patch I've tried reading on plain or glossy photo paper and I've
had no problems.  It sounds like you're using a very special sort of print
process.

I don't know how well the instrument will read smaller patches.  If the
patches are too small I wonder if the surrounding colour or white space
would influence the measurement?

Phil

  _____