[argyllcms] Re: Shadow detail problem

  • From: Kai-Uwe Behrmann <ku.b@xxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2008 10:13:25 +0100 (CET)

Am 01.02.08, 23:34 +0100 schrieb Gerhard Fuernkranz:

> Some CMMs offer a pseudo-intent "relative colorimetric with black point
> compensation". This intent performs a simple gamut mapping at run time,
> which is limited to lightness mapping and which also maps the source
> colorspace's "black" to the display's black point. This is however not a
> property of the profile, but a feature of the CMM which applies the
> profile. LCMS for instance supports this, but the application must
> explicitly make use of it, if desired.

I cecked in CinePaint with a Argyll created monitor profile. The
incomplete black adaption is a issue for all rendering intents including
BPC. I checked with screenshots to veryfy by numbers ;-)
They should be RGB 0,0,0 but be above.
As the BPC makes a difference I would assume that eigther the scaling
in the CLUT profile tables/bkpt or in the CMM is incorrect. I will have to
invest further to make shure CinePaint is correct in its behaviour.

kind regards
Kai-Uwe Behrmann
--
developing for colour management