[argyllcms] Re: Scaled Rec709 TRC question

  • From: János, Tóth F. <janos666@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2011 03:00:29 +0100

I managed to apply CIECAM02 transform on the colors. (This is very slow when
compared to the standard color transfer but that is another problem...)

Now, how should I set up the CIECAM02 view condition parameters (for lcms)
to match with ArgyllCMS (as close as possible)?

I currently set these values for the source:
vc1.Yb = 20;
vc1.La = 100;
vc1.surround = 1;

I used the same values for all the three ambient light presets except
the vc2.surround which is 2,3,4 for Bright,Dim,Dark

I think they should be 1,2,3 and I should change the Yb and/or La values.
(The lcms documentation is very close-mouthed about CIECAM02. It doesn't
even explains what these parameters means and I could find as many symbols
as many times I used google to find some informations about this...)