[argyllcms] Re: RGB printer profiling, A2B tables

  • From: Klaus Karcher <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 20:41:48 +0100

Thomas Baumann schrieb:
see http://www.argyllcms.com/doc/profile.html:

"In order to generate perceptual and saturation intent B2A tables, it is necessary to specify at least one profile to define what source gamut should be used in the source to destination gamut mapping. The -S parameter is used to do this, and doing so causes perceptual and saturation tables to be generated. If only a perceptual intent is needed, then the -s flag can be used, and the saturation intent will use the same table as the perceptual intent."

Klaus

Klaus, thank you, but my question was related to A2B tables. I do get three B2A tables specifying -S with a source gamut.

Thomas

Sorry, maybe I should something against my dyslexia ;) You're right: all A2Bx tables point to the same offset also if you use the -S flag.

Confusing, since http://www.argyllcms.com/doc/profile.html says: "If a source gamut is specified, then an ICC Version 2.4.0 profile will be created with a full complement of A2B and B2A tags to support all intents."

???

Klaus