[argyllcms] Re: Question about calibrating

  • From: Lionel Davey <audionut11@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 16:01:10 +1000

On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 2:28 PM, Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Because each pass increases the number of steps/test patches,
> and also reduces the threshold being aimed for. If it can't
> do any better (fail), it will revert to the best previous
> value.
>
>  Ah I see.

> It shouldn't. Are you sure that the threshold is still 0.8 ?
>
> No.  I only just saw it had a threshold of 0.8 at the start of the current
run I'm doing.    When this current run is finished I'll go through the log.

> Yes, medium or low reduces the number of steps/test patches being aimed
> for,
> and relaxes the thresholds, so that the calibration will take less time.
>
> Graeme Gill.

Ok thanks.  I'd probably like to run the same amount of steps, but am
willing to accept less accuracy (higher deltaE) for the results.
So, could I say use a larger test patch and reduce the quality to still get
round about the same amount of steps as previous, but have relaxed deltaE
expectations.

Great program.  I'm recommending it to everyone I know.  Thanks.